Pages

Saturday 30 December 2017

Blessings of the Plaguefather - Plaguebearers 9 & Plague Drones 2

I picked up earlier in the year some more reinforcements for the Nurgle Daemons, namely another unit of Plaguebearers and another unit of Plague Drones.

This week I finally got round to building them.


For the Plaguebearers you may notice above that I am putting together three champions.

Originally when I build the first two units I had I used the Champion bits for one unit and as I didn't want duplicates I didn't use them on the second one, instead made him stand out in other ways. However now that I will be fielding 40 of the buggers I really need to have the unit champions stand out more, and what I did for the second (and later third) champion just isn't good enough when you have loads of 'bearers all bunched up. Hence now making three new champions using the raised sword so that the will all stand out nicely. For when I field larger units, e.g. two 20 man units or one 30 man with a 10 man unit the two champions standing on rocks will be the unit champions, the other two relegated to the ranks.

As with the other icon bearers I did previously I used the same standard but made a few changes so each one looks a bit different, in this case I kept it simple and just used a spare Blight Kings bit.


Plague Drones 2

I do hate building these things. Gaps everywhere and the wings are a nightmare to fit.

You may remember (but probably not) that I am using these without the riders. I've just never liked the look. When I had only three it was quite simple to tell who was who with the champion being the one without an icon or an instrument. Now I've added three more I needed the champion to be obvious as there will now be four drones without icon or instrument.

Obvious way to make one stand out is to add a Nurgling, who is obviously the brains of the operation.



Drones now come with 60mm bases rather than flying stands. So I have made three new bases for the existing drones, however I need to redo two of the bases to raise two of the drones up - even using the tallest stand the one drone scuplt is too low and they hit the base,

And about Nurgle...

I am sure everyone has seen what is coming out in the next few weeks.

I will be picking up both the new Daemon Codex and AoS Nurgle battletome.

I am sure this will result in some changes to both my 40k and AoS forces. The main thing is I will be adding some Beasts, I just don't know how many - though at £25 a pop it won't be a huge amount.

Taking everything into account, including now using the force for both 40k and AoS and adding the Mortal elements I have updated the State of Play chart...


The right hand column are all of the Mortal elements for Age of Sigmar. Kazyk and the Lord listed used to be down as Heralds. Likewise five of the Blight Kings were originally down as Heralds. As you can no longer take as many Heralds easily I won't be fielding any more than the three I already have...though depending on the new books I may add the new characters.

6 comments:

  1. Sweet work, and great progress so far. Can the Plague drones be used for 40k Chaos Daemons? I like them kits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, all the Daemon units can be used in both 40k and AoS.

      It's only the Daemon Engines from FW that are 40k only - though you can use the Plague Hulk as a Nurgle Soulgrinder stand in for AoS. The mortal units are AoS only.

      Delete
  2. The old beast of Nurgle is still for sale at £15.50?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same thought about the price - it’s size will be the deciding factor I think. If you buy through Darksphere Games, they have a standard 25% discount on GW stuff which makes it more bearable at £18.75 (again, depends upon size).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be getting them (along with the books etc) from Element Games. Should get a look at them at the Open Day Saturday so will decide then probably how many to pick up.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.